I’m a slave to the fashions and a dancing diva, but oddly, numbers are my thing….more specifically Superannuation.
Inspired by the culture and passion at Hansens, my number one goal is to think creatively of ways to help increase your wealth, predominantly through your Self Managed Super Fund. They are called a “Self Managed” Super Fund for a reason people, so let’s start managing them!
Everyone wants to keep costs to a minimum especially when most super funds are experiencing minimal growth in these economic times. Did you know that you can assist us keep our costs down by following these tips:
- Keep your bank statements; preferably in order
- Ensure all correspondence relating to the Super Fund eg. ALL investments, insurance statements, expense invoices etc. are kept; preferably in order
- Keep track of any contributions made during the year: preferably in order.
- Keep track of pensions payments during the year; ensuring you pay above the minimum but don’t exceed the maximum cap
- Consider subscribing to Xero accounts cloud software at a cost of $10 per month
Incredibly, despite how reliant we will be on our super funds in the future, many clients treat them as a low priority. From my perspective the more organized a fund’s paperwork – the more effective I can be in assisting you increase the value of your fund.
Help me, to help you.
Andrea Salmeron, Business Services